Today, we are sharing a recipe for easy to make bread rolls with you. The nice thing about these rolls is that they don’t need to be shaped. You just need to cut the dough into pieces.
Nowadays our schedules are very tight and everyone is trying to handle their high workloads. Sometimes, there is just not much time left to be spent in the kitchen with cooking or baking. One more reason for us is to also share some quick and easy recipes. This will allow you to bake your own bread rolls even with a full schedule.
Things to know before you start
|475 g||All-purpose flour|
|25 g||Pumpernickel flour|
|3,6 g||Yeast – Fresh|
|185 g||Milk – 3,5% Fat|
You will have a dough of about 833,6 g in total suitable for 8 bread rolls.
If you want, you can easily double (like we did it) or triple the amount of ingredients to make more bread rolls in one go.
An easy and simple recipe for great bread rolls.
Nothing special is needed, but a rectangular non-reactive container can come in handy for the bulk fermentation phase. Besides that you can have a look in our should have baking tools overview for some baking helpers.
|100 g||Water – Cold|
|0,1 g||Yeast – Fresh|
|100 g||All-purpose flour|
|25 g||Pumpernickel flour|
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly together
- I used water straight from the tap
- Store sealed for 12 to 16 hours at 20-22°C (68-71,6°F)
|3,5 g||Yeast – Fresh|
|185 g||Milk – 3,5% Fat (Cold)|
- Mix salt and crumbled yeast with milk straight from the refrigerator in a separate bowl to dissolve
|375 g||All-purpose flour|
|–||Dissolved salt, yeast and milk mixture|
- Mix all of the mentioned ingredients except the butter together in a stand mixer for 5 minutes on speed level one and 4 minutes on speed level two
- Add the butter after 5 minutes of mixing
- The dough should be elastic and smooth
- Place the dough on a floured surface
- Gently press it a bit down and try to get it into a rectangular shape
- Divide into 8 even pieces
- Preheat oven to 230°C (446°F) with the upper and lower heat function
- Put the rolls in the oven, create steam and bake for 20 minutes
- After 10 minutes lower the temperature to 220°C (428°F)
- Don’t let the steam out during the whole baking time
- After baking take your bread rolls out immediately
- Let your bread rolls cool for 10 to 15 minutes on some kind of grid
These bread rolls have a firm crust but are not too crunchy.
The mild crumb has very fine and even pores.
Even though these bread rolls have a normal size, they are very filling. Their taste is nicely mild and reminds of pretzels.
Goes good with
Due to their mild taste, they can be combined with nearly everything – whether it is with sweet or hearty things.