You can never have enough cookie recipes, right? That’s the reason why we are trying out different recipes and will share the best with you here – of course only if they passed our high standard requirements and extended testing like this recipe for chewy chocolate chip cookies.
You could now argue that chocolate chip cookies are chocolate chip cookies but well… that’s not right!
These lovely guys are different than the ones we posted some time ago. The inner part of the cookie is even softer and gives a good contrast to the sides of the cookie which has a nice little crunch.
With this cookie recipe you will have an easy and quick option to create a sweet little snack on your own. Whether it is for yourself, for your kids (as you will make sure you know what your kids eat), for a birthday to have something you can bring along or if you invite someone over for coffee time. They are still an all-time favourite.
Things to know before you start
Just 2 hours and some great chewy chocolate chip cookies will be on the table.
Info: The work and waiting times for the shape and bake steps are per baking plate full of cookies. You will have dough for 2 full baking plates. So while one batch of cookies is baking in the oven, you can already prepare the next one.
|Dark chocolate chips
Depending on how big you are going to shape the cookies you will have either 18 medium sized ones or 24 small ones.
Info: For the chocolate you can pretty much take whatever you want. It doesn’t have to be dark chocolate chips, but they give a nice balance to the sweet dough. Therefore, you can also go for milk chocolate or white chocolate that you chop into chunks.
Quick and simple recipe achieveable for everyone.
You will need a stand mixer or hand mixer, a bowl, 2 baking plates (1 is also fine) and parchment paper. A cookie scoop can come in handy for shaping the cookies so they all have the same size, but it is not necessary.
Besides that you can have a look at our list of baking tools that we are constantly using.
- We used a stand mixer with a paddle attachment to mix the dough, but you can also use a hand mixer
- Mix the softened butter with the brown and white sugar for 2 minutes or until creamy
- Afterwards add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined
- Sift all the dry ingredients together in a second bowl
- Add them step by step to the previous dough while mixing further until just combined to avoid overmixing
- The dough should be slightly thick
|Dark chocolate chips
- Fold the chocolate into the dough with a big spoon
- Store the cookie dough sealed in the fridge at 4-6°C (39,2-42,8°F) for at least 1 hour
- Take 2 baking plates and cover them with parchment paper
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to get some dough out of the bowl to have roughly the same amount of dough for every cookie
- Roll the dough with your hands into a ball and place next to each other on the baking plate
- As mentioned before, either go for 9 medium or 12 small sized cookies per baking plate
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F) for ~20 minutes with the upper and lower heat function
- Put one baking plate in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 12 minutes
- After baking take the cookies out on the parchment paper they were baked on
- Let your chewy chocolate chip cookies rest on the parchment paper they were baked on for at least 15 minutes to set
As already pointed out in our introduction, these chewy chocotlate chip cookies differ from the ones we already shared with you here. While both types of cookies are very delicious, these ones are even nicer as they are super soft and – well – chewy in the middle. The outer part of the cookies is nicely crunchy which gives it a great contrast in itself.
Same as the other ones, they are melting in the mouth and the combination of dough and chocolate is just heavenly.
Give them a try and we promise you will not regret it.