Time to expand our cookie recipe collection! These chewy brown sugar cookies with cinnamon are simple and easy to bake and give a great dessert, snack or small gift for family and friends.
With a few ingredients you can create your own sweets and you will have most of the ingredients at home anyway. They are, of course, sweet and so soft and chewy that you need more than one of these.
Things to know before you start
In about 3 hours you will have chewy brown sugar cookies with cinnamon.
Info: The work and waiting times for the shape and bake steps are per baking plate full of cookies. You will have dough for 2 full baking plates. So while one batch of cookies is baking in the oven, you can already prepare the next one.
This recipe yields about 24 medium sized brown sugar cookies.
Again a very simple recipe for super sweet cookies and which are quick to make.
A stand mixer or hand mixer, a bowl, 2 baking plates (1 is also fine) and parchment paper are needed. As usual for most cookie recipes a cookie scoop can come in handy for shaping the brown sugar cookies so they all will be the same size, but it is not necessary. Using a tablespoon is also fine.
Also check out our list of baking tools that we are constantly using.
|Butter (melted and slightly cooled down)
- We used a hand mixer to mix the dough, but you can also use a stand mixer
- Melt the butter and let it slightly cool down
- Beat together the melted butter with the brown sugar in a large bowl for 2 minutes or until fluffy
- Afterwards, add the vanilla extract and egg and mix until combined
- Sift all the dry ingredients together in a second bowl and stir until combined
- Carefully add them to the previous dough step by step while mixing further on low speed until just combined to avoid overmixing
- The dough should be very soft but still thick
- Store the brown sugar cookie dough sealed in the fridge at 4-6°C (39,2-42,8°F) for at least 2 hours
- Take a small bowl, fill it with white sugar and set aside
- Take 2 baking plates and cover them with parchment paper
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to get some dough out of the bowl to have roughly the same amount of dough for every cookie (we filled the cookie scoop about 50% each time)
- Roll the dough with your hands into a ball
- Coat it with sugar on all sides by rolling it around in the bowl you previously set aside
- Place the sugar coated dough balls next to each other on the baking plate (3 rows with 4 cookies per row)
- We went for 12 brown sugar cookies per baking plate so we had 24 in total
- Preheat oven to 165°C (329°F) for ~20 minutes with the circulating heat function
- Put one baking plate in the middle rack of the oven and bake for a total of 10 to 12 minutes or until the tops look just set
- After 8 minutes open the oven, take a spoon and gently press the top of the cookie down to create a crinkly top
- Close the oven again and bake for another 2 to 4 minutes
- After baking, take the brown sugar cookies out
- Let your chewy brown sugar cookies with cinnamon rest on the baking plate they were baked on for 10 minutes
- Afterwards transfer them, including the parchment paper, to a wire cooling rack for further cooling for at least 10 minutes to set
This is simple: sweet and with a hint of cinnamon, vanilla and saltiness. A great combination full of flavour but without being too heavy.
The structure of the cookies is so nice and smooth that they will melt in your mouth but they still have enough texture to be chewy.