Is there any better start into the new year then having cake? We don’t think so and are still in the cinnamon swing so it is the perfect time to share this recipe for a moist cinnamon bundt cake with you.
This cake is super delicious and easy to bake. So it’s a good recipe to have a relaxed start into the new year.
Enjoy this cake with a nice cup of tea or coffee and slowly kick off the new year.
Things to know before you start
|Grease baking pan
|Mix – Dough
|Cinnamon Syrup Glaze
In under 2 hours you will have a super moist cinnamon bundt cake.
|Milk – 3,5% fat
You will have a sweet cinnamon bundt cake of about 964 g.
5 quick steps result in a simple recipe for an awesome bundt cake.
A hand mixer, a bowl, a pot and a baking pan are needed. We used a 24 cm wide and 9 cm high bundt cake baking pan (Gugelhupf). A slightly smaller bundt cake baking pan should also be fine.
1. Grease Baking Pan
- Grease a baking pan with butter on bottom and all sides
- Afterwards add a bit of all-purpose flour so it also just covers the bottom and all sides
2. Mix – Dough
|Milk – 3,5% fat
- Mix softened butter, white sugar and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy
- Afterwards add the eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition
- Add milk and also mix until incorporated
- Sift in the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt cinnamon powder in a second bowl and stir until combined
- Add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon powder mixture in two steps and mix until combined
- Pour the whole mixture in the greased baking pan and spread it evenly
- Preheat oven to 175°C (347°F) for ~20 minutes with the upper and lower heat function
- Put the bundt cake baking pan in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 40 to 45 minutes
- After baking take your finished cinnamon bundt cake out immediately, but keep it in the baking pan
- Tip: Check if the cake is ready by sticking a skewer in the middle until you reach the bottom and pull it out again. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. If not, bake for 5 more minutes and check again.
- Let your moist cinnamon bundt cake cool in the baking pan for about 10 minutes
- Afterwards transfer it to a cooling rack or something else and let it cool for further 10 minutes
5. Cinnamon Syrup Glaze
- Take a small pot and fill it with all the mentioned ingredients
- Heat over medium until the white sugar is dissolved and the mixture is slightly thickened
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Set the wire rack where the cake is placed on over a plate
- Usa a fork to poke holes all over the cake
- Afterwards drizzle it with the cinnamon syrup glaze
This cinnamon bundt cake is nicely soft, fluffy and super moist. Even though the cake is moist, it is also firm at the same time and not breaking apart.
The cinnamon syrup glaze we put on top after baking gives a full and rich flavour to the cake. It feels like a little too much when you pour it over the cake but trust us: It will be soaked up and the taste it creates is just heavenly. Don’t waste any drop of it and enjoy this delicious cake!