Time for another cake recipe, isn’t it? We were looking for something more classic with a full taste and came across this classic vanilla bundt cake. You will need a baking pan that is available in most kitchens so even the shape of this cake is very classic.
Vanilla is a very pleasant taste and – most important – this cake is also juicy. Is there anything worse than a real dry and almost dusty cake? That’s a no go and you can be sure that this will definitely not happen when you follow the recipe below.
So scroll through the list of ingredients, get into the kitchen and reward yourself with this beautiful and delicious cute bundt cake!
Things to know before you start
|Grease baking pan
|Mix – Dough
In just a bit more than 2 hours you will have a classic vanilla bundt cake that is also super moist inside.
You will have a nice small bundt cake of about 826 g.
Very simple recipe for a great cake with just 5 easy steps.
A hand mixer, a bowl and a baking pan are needed. We used a 24 cm wide and 9 cm high bundt cake baking pan (Gugelhupf). A smaller bundt cake baking pan would also be fine.
1. Grease Baking Pan
- Grease a baking pan with butter on bottom and all sides
- Afterwards add a bit of all-purpose flour so it also just covers the bottom and all sides
2. Mix – Dough
- Mix softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Afterwards add the eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition
- Add vanilla and almond extract and also mix until incorporated
- Sift in the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a second bowl and stir until combined
- Add the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt mixture in two steps and mix until combined
- Pour the whole mixture in the greased baking pan and spread it evenly
- Preheat oven to 170°C (338°F) for ~20 minutes with the upper and lower heat function
- Put the bundt cake baking pan in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 40 to 45 minutes
- After baking take your finished classic vanilla bundt cake out immediately, but keep it in the baking pan
- Tip: Check if the cake is ready by sticking a skewer in the middle until you reach the bottom and pull it out again. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. If not, bake for 5 more minutes and check again.
- Let your vanilla bundt cake cool in the baking pan for about 10 minutes
- Afterwards transfer it to a cooling rack or something else and let it cool completely for about 1 to 2 hours
This lovely classic vanilla bundt cake is so nicely juicy and sweet.
At the same time it is also fluffy and firm. You can clearly taste the hint of vanilla in it but there is also the taste of marzipan which is thanks to the almond extract we used. The combination of these two tastes creates a very full and complete aroma.
As an opposite to the soft texture, the outer layer of this cake is a little crunchy. This is thanks to greasing the baking pan with butter and flour – an easy way to achieve this little crunch at the bottom.
We already mentioned in the beginning that this cake is quite sweet. You could easily reduce the amount of sugar by about 25% and you would still have a sweet cake.
This classic vanilla bundt cake is fluffy so we decided to add some powdered sugar on top which is another reason to reduce the sugar previously used for the dough. Of course you don’t need to add another layer of sweetness if you feel it is already sweet enough but we liked it a lot!